Peek-A-Boo!!!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Where did the time go???..

I have been wanting to update, but I have been quite busy.

I have had Max for almost 2 months now!!

Max went to the vet last weekend. Though we didn't get Max DNA sexed, we are 85% certain that Max is a GIRL!!!!  (And I have a sassy little diva on my hands :)  She is extremely spoiled :)  But how can I *NOT* spoil her??)  She had some blood work done, and we are still waiting for the psittacosis test results. I should have them back in a week or two. Max did great at the vet's office, getting her nails trimmed and then getting blood drawn. The needle lacerated her vein a little and so she was bleeding and we had to put a bandage on her. She wasn't happy about that and it threw her balance off for a day.

She is picking up on new words. I cannot understand everything she says and she doesn't talk all the time. But I am fairly certain I heard her say "I love you." She told the neighbor lady "Bye" the other day. I was outside with Max in her carrier. It was a really nice day, with little humidity, and we were enjoying the garden and many things nature offers us to see. And Lois, our neighbor, saw us outside. She came by to say "Hello" to Max. And was telling me about her new place--they are remodeling a home not too far away. Lois then said she needed to go, and said, "Bye, Max." and Max said  "Bye" quite clearly.   Jon said it sounded as if she said "Thank You" yesterday.

She has a lot of toys. I will have to add photos :) She has always had her paper shredder, mirror and a rope toy I made for her when I first brought her home. In addition to those, she also has a wooden bear with rope and beads, another wood block/bell toy, a Kladder, a treasure chest foraging toy and an airplane swing! :)  No, she isn't spoiled... not in the least :)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the old DNA test...I'm lucky in that my Finn was DNA tested before he came to me, so I know he's a boy :) I hope all the bloodwork comes back perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.

    Boy or girl, Max is adorable :^

    ReplyDelete