Peek-A-Boo!!!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Am A Salad Buffet.

Just when I think I am beginning to know and understand this little guy, I realize I don't know ANYTHING. That can be comical as well as scary. This morning, I had made Max his usual breakfast (Roudybush and Higgins World Cuisines Bistro, and added some chopped carrots and snap peas to the mix. He seemed to like his veggie selections, but instead of eating, he was more interested in playing with them and flinging them out of his cage.

I had found some millet at Wal-Mart. He seemed interested in it, but that was just about as messy as his breakfast. The last few days, I have been trying to get Max to try to step up. I haven't been able to master this yet, but it is just a matter of time. My hand was in his cage and he decided to bite me today. The bite itself wasn't horrible--my skin didn't break or anything--a hard pinch.

This evening, I made a bowl of broccoli, carrots and snap peas. I remembered to use a regular ceramic bowl, as the blue plastic ones seemed to scare Max for whatever the reason.  I sat down in front of his cage, and began eating some of the veggies. I had enough for the both of us. Trying to coax him over to me, I said, "Mmm Max, this is yummy. Do you want some?" He was in his corner perch, but his eye was pining the bowl. Slowly, he decided to come down. As he stood on his lowest perch, he flew to my shoulder.  I began hand feeding him the vegetables. At first, Max was more interested in my glasses, and trying to get them off my face. Then, Max decided it was more fun to fling his vegetables around than eat them. I looked like a salad buffet--I had pieces of snap peas, broccoli and carrots all over my arms and shirt.

After he enjoyed food painting me, flew to the top of his cage. I was able to pet most of his body while he was at the top of his cage. While he was there, he kept looking inside the bowl. He saw a snap pea in the crease of my elbow and decided to fly down to my arm!

I now have another food to add to the list of favorites: Snap peas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment